WCREALTORS is Now Offering a New Service to Members
Monday, August 29, 2016
Written By: Shavonne Martin
The Williamson County Association of REALTORS® is PROUD TO ANNOUNCE its partnership with Four Rivers Association of REALTORS® and Temple-Belton Board of REALTORS® in the creation of Central Texas’s first Regional Shareholder Multiple Listing Service covering Bell, Caldwell, Comal, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, and Williamson Counties. After many Town Hall Meetings and surveys of the membership the Williamson County Association is now a shareholder in the:
Until now, the Williamson County Association of REALTORS® was the only association of its size, the 9th largest in Texas, without an ownership interest in an MLS. This partnership now allows the Association to derive many of the benefits afforded to those associations who do have ownership in a local MLS.
It is also important to remember this is an ADDITIONAL BENEFIT for our members and does not need to replace your current ACTRIS membership. Rather, it gives you, our members, an opportunity of subscribing to either the CTXMLS, staying with your current vendor, joining both MLS systems or subscribing to any MLS you wish to join. The benefit to our members is the freedom to participate in the MLS or MLSs that will give your clients the greatest exposure of their listing.
Values Behind Our Vision
- Control and scrutiny of how members’ subscription dollars are spent
- Better management, oversight, and enforcement of MLS rules, data fields and field positioning, enhancements, features, and choice of technologies
- Better control of how listings are syndicated
- Local ability to assist members with the purchase and management of keys and lockboxes and local MLS training and support
- Access to market data as it relates to Williamson County and allows the association to be the “Voice of Real Estate” in our county
- Expansion of our marketplace while reducing the need for multiple MLS systems as well as provide more accurate sold data
- Gives WCREALTORS fractional ownership with all the benefits that entitles
- Permits local members’ subscription fees to remain local with OUR organization to enhance member benefits, help fund local initiatives, and give back to our own local communities rather than support another MLS that gives no financial support to our association or our community
- Reduction of duplicate MLS fees currently being paid by members to multiple MLSs that are now members of the Regional MLS
- Be a part of leading edge MLS cooperation throughout the state of Texas
- Local representation at State and National MLS meetings and conventions
- WCREALTORS will have a seat at the table if a State or National MLS is formed
This new partnership is the first step towards taking down walls within our region and the state to offer our members the best possible exposure for their listings. Our focus as an organization has always been to offer the best services to our members and this is a continuation of that laser focus.
Watch your email in the upcoming weeks for news about the new CTXMLS, including pricing and the implementation timeline. Thank you for making WCREALTORS your “board of choice” as we move into the future.
Shavonne Martin, 2016 President
Williamson County Association of REALTORS
2016-2017 Central Texas MLS Board of Governors:
Beckie Whittier, Four Rivers, 2016-2017 Chairman
Jack Stapleton, Williamson County, 2016-2017 Vice Chairman
Christy Gessler, Williamson County, 2016-2017 Secretary/Treasurer
Brian Johnson, Four Rivers
Jarred Bryan, Temple-Belton
Melanie Kirchmeier, Temple-Belton
About the Author:Shavonne Martin currently served as the 2016 President of WCREALTORS. Since 2008 Shavonne has been very active at Williamson County Association of REALTORS®. As soon as her membership was active she served on the Community Service and Scholarship Committees. Shavonne was the Chairman for the Marketing and PR Committee in 2010. In 2011 Shavonne served as the Chairman of Community Service, and was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for WCREALTORS in 2012. One year later, in 2013 Shavonne was installed on the Executive Committee as Treasurer and also serving as Chairman of the Finance Committee.