Share With Your Friends:
Prelicensing (Core Courses)
The following education is required for a salesperson license:
- Principles of Real Estate [60 classroom hours].
- Law of Agency (30 classroom hours).
- Law of Contracts (30 classroom hours).
- Promulgated Contracts Forms (30 classroom hours).
- Real Estate Finance (30 classroom hours). (Related course credit may no longer be used to meet education requirements for a salespersons license).
To be eligible to apply for a real estate Broker License, an individual must furnish TREC satisfactory evidence of successfully completing the following:
- At least four years active experience in Texas as a licensed real estate sales agent or broker during the 60 month period immediately preceding the filing of the application OR
- If licensed as a broker in another state, not less than four years active experience as a licensed real estate sales agent or broker during the 60 month period immediately preceding the filing of the application.
- Qualifying active experience must total 3600 points and reported on Supplement A or B - Qualifying Experience Report for a Broker's License.
- (1) To report qualifying experience with an application use TREC No. BL-A, Supplement A-Qualifying Experience Report for a Broker License.
- (2) To report qualifying experience after an application for a broker license is filed use TREC NO. BL-B, Supplement B-Qualifying Experience Report for a Broker License after an Application has been filed.
- To be eligible to apply for a broker license, an individual must have completed 270 classroom hours of core real estate courses and 630 related hours.
For more complete information on the courses and all other requirements for application, please How to Apply for an Individual Broker License.
Corporate or LLC Broker
No education requirement, but designated officer must be an individually licensed active Texas real estate broker. Complete requirements for application are found at How to Apply for a Corporate or LLC Broker License.